4 years ago
From NBC News:
But as a veteran law enforcement officer, what was most striking to Kehoe was that the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, had heavier firepower than Kehoe and his officers. The police had Glock pistols with 14-round magazines; Lanza had a Bushmaster assault-style rifle, two handguns and multiple 30-round magazines that allowed him to squeeze off an estimated 150 shots.
Although it’s still not clear if Lanza ever fired at responding officers — Kehoe thinks he took his own life when he heard the police sirens — the disproportionate balance in firepower bothers him.
“We never like to think we’re going to be outgunned in any situation we’re dealing with,” he said. “We do a good job of securing dynamite in our society. … (Assault rifles) are another form of dynamite. … I think they should ban them.”
I think you’re not getting the full story, so I have posed the following questions to the Newtown Police Department:
(1) Do your officers have tactical shotguns (e.g., Mossberg 930,
Benelli, etc.) in their units? If not, do they have any kind of
shotguns in their units?
(2) Do your officers have AR-15s in their armory?
(3) If so, do they carry them in their units?
(4) Are their AR-15s the equivalent of assault rifles, i.e., do they
have selective fire capability, or are they only semi-autos like
(5) Did any of your officers carry any firearms other than their side
arm in response to the Sandy Hook disaster?
(6) If not, could your officers have made the choice to have carried
any firearms other than their side arm in response to the Sandy Hook
(7) Finally, it has been reported that the response time to the Sandy
Hook disaster was 20 minutes. Is this accurate?
Thank you so much for your attention to these questions.
What you want to bet that I never get answers to these or any other questions?